Assistant Store Leader, Product (Visual Merchandising Manager)
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The Assistant Store Leader of Product is responsible for building, developing, and nurturing a team that embodies the Everlane ethos and delivers best-in-class store experience. You are most enthusiastic about the impact you have on someone’s experience - whether that be your own team or your customers. You enjoy being the host of a party, and a champion of our “Path To Yes” mentality. You are great at building relationships and fostering a friendly, warm environment for people to thrive in. You are a leader who uses the brand and customer lens to guide your decisions in an effort to support the overall store experience. You are business-minded and a natural problem solver who proactively addresses risks and opportunities. You enjoy improving processes and productivity to impact performance results. You are an over-communicator and work very closely with your Store Leader. You are organized and excited about the details; you love putting the pieces of building a team together.
This role is responsible for presenting a visually compelling store environment that is the embodiment of the Everlane ethos and aesthetic IRL. You are most enthusiastic about our product, and how items can be merchandised throughout the space to create a beautifully simple, on-brand shopping experience. You balance the art and science of visual merchandising, equally thoughtful about the product and business. You are passionate about styling our product and how it resonates with our customers in a uniquely Everlane way. You are detail-oriented and use the brand and customer lenses to guide your merchandising decisions. You focus on creating and leading a best-in-class store experience and
motivating a team of product experts to exceed results. You are a great communicator and work closely with your store leadership team.
• Ensure store presentation standards are executed and maintained throughout the day
• Map and plan new launches on a weekly and monthly basis, and use business insight, resources, and feedback to inform store flow and merchandising decisions
• React quickly to sell through and make adjustments as needed in order to maximize business and productivity
• Focus on key volume drivers in-store, ensuring these items are top priority
• Communicate with XFN partners to share assortment, allocation, and logistic feedback and sends visual merchandising updates weekly
• Lead and execute monthly product flow and assortment adjustments
• Responsible for store team member’s standards training
• Ensure in-store signage is up to date and accurate; communicates if replacements are needed
• Oversees or executes product marketing installations
• Responsible for store fixturing, installations, and maintenance
• Responsible for maintaining floral displays and greenery in-line with our company's guidelines
Facilities & Supplies:
• Charged with being our in-store product expert; train Team Members on new launch details, hero/superhero product, design inspiration and suggest ways to style.
• Share weekly/monthly product focuses and goals, and provide the team with the actions necessary to achieve the desired results
• Shares business results and gathers feedback from the team on weekly/monthly product focuses and goals
As an Assistant Store Leader, you:
- Foster a space where team members are continuously developed and work effectively together to meet company’s goals
- Actively asses key financial indicators to identify strengths and opportunities that advance the business
- Get the most out of your team and resources, finding ways to get work done and holding self and others accountable
- Apply lessons from different experiences to new situations and create opportunities for self and others to develop
Your day to day:
- Lead the in-store customer journey and bring our service model to life while providing direction and feedback to your team
- Cultivate talent by building and maintaining strong internal and external networks connected to your local community and store team
- Lead the acquisition of new talent from start to finish (source talent through digital resources, manage open requisitions, screen applications, interview candidates, and execute offers)
- Create schedules to deliver a positive internal and external experience while keeping the payroll budget and current financial trends in mind
- Seamlessly execute in-store hospitality initiatives and manage the day-of run of show
- Own in-store service initiatives, follow up on customer feedback, and manage the styling program
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work closely and effectively with the rest of your store leadership team
- Strong organization skills and are excited about the details
- A proven track record of hiring, leading and developing effective store teams
- A fan of Everlane, our product, and our values
What is expected of you:
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds
- Have flexible availability that supports the needs of the business, including: nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must regularly move around all areas of the store and be accessible to customers
The Fine Print:
At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The hourly pay range for this role is $30 - $41.
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.
Everlane is reacting to what retail will look like post COVID-19 so flexibility and resilience is key. Keeping a clean and organized space for everyone's health and safety will be a top priority in this role. This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities but provide a baseline summary. Full details of expectations and responsibilities will be provided upon hire.