Human Resources Business Partner (Retail)
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high-quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The Talent & People Operations team is committed to delivering the best employee experience from the moment they join the company to the time they leave. We put people first by providing our employees with the tools and resources to be their best selves at Everlane.
As the Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP), you will build, grow, support, and engage your retail client groups. As their key strategic people partner, you will work with your teams to ensure we are scaling our retail locations effectively while maintaining the culture and the people’s experience in the workplace.
This is a full-time role based in either our San Francisco office location in the Mission neighborhood or our Los Angeles Creative Studio located in the Arts District. This person will report to our Sr. Director of HRBP and People Operations who sits in the San Francisco office.
- Consult with People Leaders, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Operations team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of Team Members, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to People Leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, and progressive discipline).
- Works closely with Senior Leaders, People Leaders, and Team Members to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on department restructures, talent planning, and calibration.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual People Leader coaching needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- You have 3+ years of experience as HRBP and employee relations experience in resolving complex issues.
- Experience supporting the hourly workforce is a plus!
- You have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- You have effective oral and written communication skills.
- You are excellent with attention to detail.
- You can work autonomously and as part of a collaborative team.
- You have excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- You have high ethical standards with demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- You have a client service mindset with the desire to go above and beyond to support the team and organization.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred but not required.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods at a desk and work on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- May be required to travel 10-30% annually.
- Bonus if you have any one of these:
- Related Majors: Business Administration, Human Resources, & Etc
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP)
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Senior SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
California Residents: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The annual compensation range for this role is $74,000 - $105,000. This range is based on the San Francisco geographic area and the actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographic location.