Senior Software Engineer
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
At Everlane’s Engineering Team, we value being kind to one another, learning from mistakes, and putting our customers first when making product decisions. We believe that these values are critical to building a positive and collaborative work environment where everyone can thrive. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will embody these values and lead by example, creating a culture of respect, trust, and openness.
For this role, we’re seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our eCommerce team. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in designing and building high-quality, user-friendly interfaces that enable our customers to connect with our brand and products.
- Work with the front-end team to design, develop, and maintain high-quality web applications and user interfaces that are responsive, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that our products meet our customers' needs and align with our brand values.
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code using modern front-end technologies such as React, Next.js, Ruby on Rails, and TypeScript.
- Ensure that our codebase is well-documented, tested, and optimized for performance and accessibility.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to help improve code quality and ensure that our team is following best practices.
- Participate in our on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years of experience in building scalable platforms.
- You understand how parts of a system fit together—from the user interface to the data model. Experienced candidates should be familiar with relational database systems like Postgres or MySQL
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a passion for building a positive and supportive team culture.
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development, and a willingness to learn from mistakes and feedback.
Nice to have:
- You're proficient with any part of our technology stack: React, TypeScript, Node.js, Ruby on Rails and MySQL.
- You have interests outside of technology, such as in art, history, or social sciences.
This is a fully remote position.
Please note: We are only accepting applications from those who file their taxes in one of the following states: California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.
If you are a Colorado resident, this is for you: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The compensation for this role starts at a minimum annual salary of $126,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
If you are a California resident, this is for you: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The annual compensation range for this role is $148,000 - $160,000. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience and geographic location.
If you are a New York resident, this is for you: At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The compensation for this role starts at a minimum annual salary range of $140,000 - $150,000 - $160,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience.
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.
Something looks off?