Accounting & Finance
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 31, 2019
Dolls Kill is a global fashion brand that empowers everyone to celebrate their individuality. We currently have over 10 million social media followers including some of the most influential personalities in music, art, pop culture and fashion. We’re also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world’s next great consumer brands.
Our team is growing quickly and we are hiring across many functions. We are looking for team members who are equally passionate about what we do and excited about joining the Dolls Kill crew.
Named "The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US", Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young women to celebrate their individuality. With over three million followers on Instagram, we've become a cult favorite among DJs, celebrities and artists around the world.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Sr Buyer to lead the assortment and merchandise stories for our in house designed products. This role will be responsible for developing, executing everyday and seasonal merchandising strategies for key categories, maintaining and building relationships with manufacturing partners, negotiating product costs and terms, and identifying and recommending new products and trends. As a Sr Buyer you will own and drive every aspect of your business and will be measured against assortment, sales, margin, and inventory goals. You will report to the Buying Director and partner closely with our inventory planning, merchandising and creative teams to create a world-class product assortment and shopping experience. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Buyer or product developer at a fashion retailer. Further, the ideal candidate should be able to balance the creative and analytical aspects of a fashion buyer role. In this role, you will be a critical member of the team and have an immediate and measurable impact on Dolls Kill's growth.
- Create and execute a merchandise assortment plan that supports the financial, merchandising, and marketing objectives set by senior management
- Work closely with the Design Team on trend and category direction
- Providing guidance based on key learnings within your department
- Participate in bi-weekly open-to-buy meetings with Planning and provide feedback and analysis to ensure the departments achieve financial targets and goals
- Spot emerging and declining trends through competitive shopping, historical sales and web analytics data, vendor relationships, and market research
- Develop sound business strategies to capitalize on and avoid being late to enter and exit trends
- Work with our marketing and creative teams to create seasonal marketing strategies
- Must be curious and fashion/culture obsessed
- BA/BS degree and 10+ years of experience as a Buyer at a fashion retailer
- Track record of creating and implementing assortment and merchandising strategies.
- Experience managing a team
- Proven results negotiating with vendors to improve costs and reduce lead times
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt them for different audiences: vendors, internal partners, stakeholders and leadership
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong Excel skills
- Self-starter who can manage multiple priorities at once and learn new things with little oversight
- Creative problem solver
Position is located in our Easy Bay office