Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2017
Dolls Kill is a global fashion brand that empowers everyone to celebrate their individuality. We currently have over 10 million social media followers including some of the most influential personalities in music, art, pop culture and fashion. We’re also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world’s next great consumer brands.
Our team is growing quickly and we are hiring across many functions. We are looking for team members who are equally passionate about what we do and excited about joining the Dolls Kill crew.
Named "The Fastest Growing Retailer in the US", Dolls Kill is a fashion brand that boldly empowers young women to celebrate their individuality.
Based in Oakland, we have an amazing team of retail leaders, scrappy hackers, creative marketers and fashion trendsetters who are fun to work with and serious about what they do. We're also backed strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world's next great consumer brands.
About The Role
The Designer will support the Design Team in developing Dolls Kill in-house products across all apparel categories.
- Work closely with the buying and merchandising team to design category-specific product based on design direction given
- Create original flat sketches based on existing trends and mainstream designs as well as tech packs and revision notes using Adobe Illustrator
- Collect trend inspiration across all categories and stay consistently in tune with competitive brands and market trends
- Maintain library of original samples, proto samples, production samples and material/trim swatches
- Track samples and project WIPS by communicating with factories and maintaining WIP calendar and adhere to deadlines
- Interact with buyers and vendors to develop working partnership
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of Assistant and Associate Designers
- Perform other duties as required
- Understanding of our unique aesthetic and lifestyle
- College degree in Fashion Design required
- 6+ years industry experience in fashion design required (apparel, footwear and/or bags/accessories)
- Ability to sketch computerized vector flats in Adobe Illustrator (hand sketching is a huge plus)
- Tech pack experience required
- Strong knowledge of fabric, construction and fit. Needs to be able to lead their own fit session
- Ability to give direction to graphic design and print team for all over prints and spot graphics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to wear multiple hats, multitask and prioritize work on a continual basis
- Must be a self-starter with strong initiative and hard work ethic