Marketing Campaign Director
Marketing & Communications
Oakland, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2022
Dolls Kill is a global fashion brand that empowers everyone to celebrate their individuality. We currently have over 10 million social media followers including some of the most influential personalities in music, art, pop culture and fashion. We’re also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world’s next great consumer brands.
Our team is growing quickly and we are hiring across many functions. We are looking for team members who are equally passionate about what we do and excited about joining the Dolls Kill crew.
The Marketing Campaign Director is responsible for our overall product, promotion, and brand marketing storytelling, across our website, paid and organic social channels, retention channels, digital content, IRL marketing activations & more. You will own the calendar and campaigns across all channels, and drive the strategic planning, development, orchestration, and execution of marketing campaigns that are seamlessly integrated across the business.
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns that will have a material impact on the business by driving sales, building community, and deepening brand affinity
- Direct storytelling and manage the content calendar across merchandising, promotions, brand, launches and activations
- Coordinate with your counterparts in product marketing, performance marketing, retention, creative design, content, events, and PR/comms to bring omni-channel campaigns to market
- Own campaign strategy/execution end to end, from concepting to briefing, asset management and implementation
- Partner with marketing leads to meet the specific storytelling needs of each channel; includes site, social channels (TikTok, Instagram), CRM (email and SMS), offline, paid advertising, and other channels (digital zine etc.)
- Oversee content and editorial element of projects throughout entire production cycle; attend all kick-offs and creative reviews, set copy direction, provide input on design direction, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and appropriate creative
- Manage a team of marketing & copy managers, overseeing creative briefing, brand voice, copy and activities of direct reports
- Establish and maintain consistent brand voice and style for the brand, top to bottom
- Continually ascertain workflow efficiency and accurate completion of jobs according to preset timelines (including designer timelines, production deadlines, translation deadlines, and revisions due to changes in strategy or messaging)
- Work with the business intelligence teams to measure the impact of your campaigns; own communication and reporting to the broader management team
- 7-10 years of marketing experience (in-house, advertising or agency). DTC technology, Retail and/or Fashion industry experience a plus
- Meticulous project planning skills, with the ability to institutionalize best practices and develop a well aligned process on campaign design, briefing, review, launch, metrics tracking, idea intake and more..Ability to translate an idea on paper, effectively communicate and brief concepts to both creative teams and channel owners, and oversee both technical and operational implementation
- A collaborative mindset, with an ability to lead through influence and build and nurture strong cross functional relationshipsA deep understanding of the creative process, and an ability to effectively collaborate with creative partners
- Comfortable working on multiple projects in a fast-paced, timeline driven, ecommerce and retail environment
- Proven ability writing and editing marketing vehicles for a consumer brand; ability to develop, adapt, and implement writing to match the Dolls Kill voice
- Experience building teams, managing and mentoring others