AP Staff Accountant
Learneo is scaling! If you’re looking to join a startup culture of operating with principles at a high growth organization, the Finance team is seeking a new Accounts Payable Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. We’re an international organization supporting team members across the globe. In this role, you’ll be a strategic contributor to maintain the financial health and stability, optimize cash flow, and support key business decisions. We have automated a significant portion of the data input so this role will focus on problem-solving, evaluating data, and identifying opportunities for continued process improvements.
This role is a hybrid position that meets once per week at the Redwood City HQ location to foster professional development, improve communications and coordination, and improve processes.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Support the accounts payable process by creating vendor profiles in NetSuite, reviewing submitted invoices in Coupa, evaluating G/L mapping, and processing payables through final payment using banking portals, NetSuite, and PayPal
- Support the administration of our credit card program, T&E employee expense reimbursement process, and responding timely to inquiries to the AP inbox
- Own close responsibilities such as recording, reconciling and analyzing G/L transactions
- Support the accounting/finance team in the timely preparation of flux analysis, integrity validation and reconciliations.
- Assist with the annual audit process and other projects as requested (e.g. research and document issues, special projects, etc.)
- Assist in developing and maintaining the Company’s accounting policies and procedures as we expand
- Assist international accounting teams with Coupa and AP troubleshooting
- Work closely alongside the Accounting Manager to build and develop critical processes within the accounting department as the company continues to grow
Are you our AP Staff Accountant?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- 4+ years accounting experience in a high-growth company - public company experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – particularly MS Excel and operating experience with NetSuite and Coupa
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to escalate appropriately
- Capable of working independently and managing multiple priorities; must be a self-starter who takes initiative in and ownership of completing projects and assignments timely
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Quarterly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
For positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Other locations: IL, MA, NJ.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. We strongly encourage you to apply if you're interested: we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We are a virtual-first company and have employees dispersed throughout the United States and Canada. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed below. You may also be eligible to participate in our bonus program and may be offered an equity award, benefits, and other types of compensation.
This role is eligible for hire in the San Francisco Bay Area.
In accordance with California law, the base salary for this role if filled within the San Francisco Bay Area, California is $78,000 - $106,000.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Join us on our mission!