Staff Software Engineer- DevOps
Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for an experienced Staff DevOps Engineer to help us build, transform, and scale our CI/CD pipelines, deployment infrastructure, and developer productivity tools. As part of our DevOps team, you will enable the Course Hero Engineering groups to deliver new features and products to customers quickly and reliably. You will build tools to improve engineering efficiency and scale production infrastructure.
Check out these resources to learn more about us:
- Meet the People Behind Course Hero (video)
- Join the mission! (video)
- LitCharts Join Course Hero (2021)
Our ideal candidate is passionate about DevOps, strives to collaborate with partners, and has a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of problems related to large scale Web deployments. The engineer is biased toward action yet able to strike the right balance between appropriate levels of process, automation, and security in a fast paced development environment.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to automate the software development lifecycle
- Work closely with Course Hero Engineering development teams to build and deploy containerized applications on Kubernetes
- Build and maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Implement automation to improve efficiency and reduce human error
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize the performance of production systems
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement best practices for security, scalability, and reliability
- Continually design and build software tools that improve the developer experience.
Are you our Staff DevOps Engineer?
- 8+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes, automation, and Terraform
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python or Go.
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix administration and networking
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Rollbar, Prometheus, Grafana, and Elasticsearch
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Annual performance bonus
- Health insurance coverage (7 Lacs for self and family)
- Life Insurance 3X the CTC
- Accidental Insurance 3X the CTC
- Learning and Development Policy Reimbursement of Courses
- Privilege Leave Paid Leaves
- Casual Leaves
- Mandatory Leaves
- Special Leaves
- Marriage Leaves
- Flexible Holiday
- Reset Days
- Menstrual Leaves
- Maternity Leaves & Flexible Paternity Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Marriage Leave
Work From Home
- Workstation Setup Reimbursement
- Internet Bill Reimbursement
- Remote Friendly culture
- Quarterly team and city meetings
- Annual Workations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Join us on our mission!