Staff Data Scientist
Course Hero is hiring! The new Staff Data Scientist will be a key member of the Content Quality Prediction / Publishing Strategy and Antifraud team in India, owning and driving content performance prediction, fraud modeling and detection, and related data science initiatives. You will be working cross-functionally with Product, the rest of Analytics, TechOps, Engineering and Operations. The Data Science & Analytics team at Course Hero is central to our organization and heavily influences the strategy and tactics of our company’s roadmap.
We are full stack Data Scientists; problem solvers that start from DWH tables or raw data, explore data, build models, and productionalize into our common Data Eng and ML Ops framework. You will also be telling the story behind your insights -- painting a picture to our functional partners, explaining what the numbers are telling us, and recommending new actions, including product changes and associated A/B tests.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Using exploratory data analysis, unsupervised and supervised modeling, statistics, and related techniques to understand and predict the value of the entire range of user-generated and AI-generated content on Course Hero and associated domains - from documents like essays and notes, to conversational utterances like questions and study assistance inquiries.
- Detecting the lowest value content too, which is often spam and/or fraud.
- Build models that prescribe an optimal strategy of publishing content, given the above noted prediction scores.
- Investigate other forms of malicious abuse of the platform including, payment fraud, and marketplace fraud.
- Evaluate and AB test third-party vendor tools to help with fraud detection and mitigation.
Are you our Staff Data Scientist?
- 7+ years data science experience of continually increasing complexity and impact
- BS & MS degree in an applicable quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Physical or Social Science, or similar
- Excellent proficiency in Python (or R) and hands-on skills in SQL
- Deep understanding of statistics and probability, quantitative sciences, data analysis, predictive and ML modeling; excellent breadth of knowledge across DS domains including NLP
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills; a bias towards taking action quickly, making things happen, learning and correcting course as you receive feedback
- Ability to communicate with a broad set of stakeholders including executives, product leaders, and engineering, including the ability to tell stories with data
- Track record of delivering decision support models and quantitative analysis with actionable insights and high business impacts
- Detail-oriented, data-driven problem-solving skills with investigation instincts, uncovering root causes and hidden links from seemingly unrelated signals
- Experience with user generated content (social media posts, user profiles, user comments, user posts on professional job boards, listing boards, etc.)
- Understanding of knowledge graphs and network science
- Understanding of pattern detection modeling techniques and/or biostats
- Experience using third-party tools for fraud detection, investigation, and monitoring
- Passion for evolving education to help students graduate
This role is based in India and is remote within India. Candidates must commit to overlapping 1 hour with normal business hours of Pacific Standard time 2-3 times per week.
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Annual performance bonus
- Health insurance coverage (7 Lakhs for self and family)
- Life Insurance 3X the CTC
- Accidental Insurance 3X the CTC
- Learning and Development Policy Reimbursement of Courses
- Privilege Leave Paid Leaves
- Casual Leaves
- Mandatory Leaves
- Special Leaves
- Flexible Holiday
- Reset Days
- Menstrual Leaves
- Maternity Leaves & Flexible Paternity Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Workstation Setup Reimbursement
- Internet Bill Reimbursement
- Remote Friendly culture
- Annual Workations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
Join us on our mission!