Senior Data Scientist
Course Hero is hiring! We are looking for an experienced Senior or Staff level Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Analytics team, with members in North America, and India. In this role, you will work with big data sets, using deep statistical models, to drive actionable insights and tackle high-impact business problems. You will be telling the story behind your insights -- painting a picture to our functional partners, explaining what the numbers are telling us, and recommending product changes, new features, and A/B tests for implementation.
We have openings in our Question and Answer (tutor-provided student answers) and our SEO pillars. The Senior Data Scientist will own analysis and measurement to provide insights and recommendations for product improvement. The ideal candidate will have experience and passion for product analytics and experiment design. Additionally, you have demonstrated strong product leadership to tackle ambiguous questions and uncover recommendations to drive the product roadmap by delivering solid analyses. We are full stack Data Scientists, problem solvers that start from DWH tables (and sometimes raw data), explore data, build models, discover insights, overcome obstacles, and tell data stories.
- In the Q&A pillar, we seek to combine our pool of human tutors with our advanced generative-AI capabilities to provide an optimal study experience for our students while maintaining cost efficiency. We also try to continually improve our platform as a work opportunity for tutors.
- In the SEO pillar we continually improve our understanding of search engine crawl, indexation, and ranking dynamics to drive high volumes of high quality organic traffic.
- Identify patterns and trends for different segments of users, building reports, dashboards, and models to proactively identify opportunities.
- Manage experiments from design, data tracking to readout to maximize user market share and Course Hero’s return on investment; propose innovative A/B testing techniques to help us learn about our millions of users.
- Propose strategic initiatives and goals to help our functional partners achieve their goals and drive growth.
- For Senior, 5+ years data science experience of continually increasing complexity and impact. Senior DS is expected to own and skillfully execute discrete modeling projects end to end.
- For Staff, 8+ years and demonstrated experience conceiving, designing, and executing larger scale ensembles of models composed of different domain submodels. Some experience with model deployment is expected but not strictly required.
- MS degree in a scientific or quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Science, or similar.
- Very good proficiency in Python (or R) and hands-on skills in SQL with real data
- Deep understanding of statistics and probability, quantitative sciences, data analysis, predictive, statistical and ML modeling
- Strong problem solving and communication skills; a bias towards taking action quickly, making things happen, learning and correcting course as you receive feedback
- Ability to communicate with a broad set of stakeholders including executives, product leaders, and engineering, including the ability to tell stories with data
- Track record of delivering decision support models and quantitative analysis with actionable insights and high business impacts
- For Q&A: analytics experience in two-sided marketplaces and/or with NLP.
- For SEO: search engine optimization experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with Databricks, AWS, Google Analytics, Tableau, Amplitude, Airflow, and Linux/Shell scripting
- Experience working in education or e-commerce domain
This role is based in India and is remote within India. Candidates must commit to overlapping 1 hour with normal business hours of Pacific Standard time 3 times per week.
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Annual performance bonus
- Health insurance coverage (7 Lakhs for self and family)
- Life Insurance 3X the CTC
- Accidental Insurance 3X the CTC
- Learning and Development Policy Reimbursement of Courses
- Privilege Leave
- Paid Leaves
- Casual Leaves
- Mandatory Leaves,
- Special Leaves
- Flexible Holiday
- Reset Days
- Menstrual Leaves
- Maternity Leaves & Flexible Paternity Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Marriage Leave
Work From Home
- Workstation Setup Reimbursement
- Internet Bill Reimbursement
- Remote Friendly culture
- Covid Leaves
- Covid Care Leaves
- Vaccination Cost Reimbursements (For Self and Dependents)
- Annual Workations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!