Senior ML Engineer - Content Enhancement
Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for a Senior ML Engineer who can hit the ground running and work on a lot of fun and challenging projects related to Document Understanding, Question Answering, Search, and Recommendations in addition to helping us build an end-to-end platform for scaling ML experiments, ML microservices deployment, and configuration management of ML models. You’ll be a part of the Machine Learning Product Engineering team at Course Hero and collaborate cross-functionally to ship ML products that personalize learning experiences for students and help educators create unique course content. The scalable ML solutions you build will enable our product designers to bring intelligent data products to the Course Hero platform.
A Course Hero Senior ML Engineer is a high impact IC role that provides mentorship for team members, drives execution on key projects, and participates in the continuous improvement of our software systems. We expect you to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and adapt to ever-changing business needs. You can view these videos to learn more about our engineering culture, and our company mission.
Here are some ways you’ll make an impact:
- Be a self motivated, bold thinker, innovator and builder of scalable end-to-end ML systems and embrace full stack data science.
- Build prototypes/web apps to rapidly experiment on various versions of Generative AI models, Traditional ML algorithms and DNN architectures for optimized content delivery and recommendations to our customers.
- Architect, create, and maintain a scalable platform for training, deploying, and monitoring ML models, microservices, and APIs in modern containerized cloud environments.
- Automate various steps in ML workflow, from model training, inference, and deployment.
- Partner with other ML engineers, data scientists/engineers, and product engineering teams to understand business needs, find the right solution to a problem, and ship products.
Are you our Senior ML Platform Engineer?
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in Applied Machine Learning, with a focus on building solutions for Natural Language Processing or Search & Recommendation systems
- You have 3+ years of experience writing Python code in production
- You have a good grasp of the fundamentals of Generative AI models
- Demonstrated knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases, RESTful APIs, and docker-containerized microservice-based architectures
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem including ML frameworks like Athena, S3, EMR Spark, Sagemaker, Tensorflow, and Pytorch
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or similar orchestration and configuration management
- Exposure to a variety of machine learning algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised) and/or experience working with ML teams in the past
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math
- Passionate about education
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Annual performance bonus
- Health insurance coverage (7 Lakhs for self and family)
- Life Insurance 3X the CTC
- Accidental Insurance 3X the CTC
- Learning and Development Policy Reimbursement of Courses
- Privilege Leave
- Paid Leaves
- Casual Leaves
- Mandatory Leaves,
- Special Leaves
- Flexible Holiday
- Reset Days
- Menstrual Leaves
- Maternity Leaves & Flexible Paternity Leave
- Compassionate Leave
- Marriage Leave
- Work From Home
- Workstation Setup Reimbursement
- Internet Bill Reimbursement
- Remote Friendly culture
- Covid Leaves
- Covid Care Leaves
- Vaccination Cost Reimbursements (For Self and Dependents)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!