Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Course Hero is scaling! We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack to drive key projects, mentor team members, deal with constantly evolving business needs, and help continuously improve our software systems. You’ll thrive in an engaging, high-growth environment, with a collaborative, learning-focused culture. Our engineers have complete autonomy and independence to innovate.
Here are some ways you will make an impact:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software for new user-facing features
- Identify and evaluate new technologies to improve the Course Hero platform
- Design and implement technical system changes—this is hands-on work where you’ll be coding and mentoring our hardworking developers
- Profile and optimize our apps, ensuring high performance across devices
- Identify best practices and areas for improvement and drive those initiatives
- Design sophisticated systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Mentor other engineers
Are you our Senior Software Engineer?
- 5+ years in designing and building dynamic production solutions
- Strong technical background coding web applications at scale using Java Script, HTML, CSS and modern web development framework
- Well versed with micro services based backend development on the cloud using Golang / Python preferably
- SSR and SEO experience would be an added advantage.
- Ability to formulate and articulate opinions on product design and engineering issues with a focus in finding the most effective solution
- Deep sense of product ownership
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or have equivalent practical experience
Benefits & Perks!
- Competitive salary
- Equity/stock options
- Annual performance bonus
- Health insurance coverage (7 Lacs for self and family)
- Life Insurance 3X the CTC
- Accidental Insurance 3X the CTC
- Learning and Development Policy Reimbursement of Courses
- Privilege Leave
- Paid Leaves
- Casual Leaves
- Mandatory Leaves
- Special Leaves
- Marriage Leaves
- Compassionate Leaves
- Flexible Holiday
- Reset Days
- Menstrual Leaves
- Maternity Leaves & Flexible Paternity Leave
Work From Home
- Workstation Setup Reimbursement
- Internet Bill Reimbursement
- Remote Friendly culture
- Covid Leaves
- Covid Care Leaves
- Vaccination Cost Reimbursements (For Self and Dependents)
- Quarterly team and city meetings
- Annual Workations
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!