Senior DevOps Engineer - Productivity & Tools
Course Hero is scaling! We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer - Productivity & Tools developer to help us build, transform and scale our CI/CD pipelines, deployment infrastructure and developer productivity tools. As part of our DevOps team, you will enable Course Hero Engineering deliver new features and products to our customers quickly and reliably. You will build tools to improve Engineering efficiency and supervise and maintain production infrastructure.
Our ideal Engineer is passionate about DevOps, has a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with good understanding of problems related to large scale Web deployments. The engineer is biased toward action yet able to strike the right balance between appropriate levels of process, automation and security in a fast paced development environment.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
- Design, implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to automate the software development lifecycle
- Work closely with development teams to build and deploy containerized applications on Kubernetes
- Build and maintain infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Implement automation to improve efficiency and reduce human error
- Monitor, troubleshoot and optimize the performance of production systems
- Collaborate with other teams to identify and implement best practices for security, scalability, and reliability
- Continuously improve and optimize the DevOps process and tools
Are you our Senior Software Engineer - Productivity & Tools?
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps role
- Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes, automation, and Terraform
- Proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Go, or Ruby up to 50% of time, not just scripting
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix administration and networking
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Rollbar, Prometheus, Grafana, and Elasticsearch
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Competitive salary, annual bonus, and RSUs
- Medical coverage, including full dental and vision
- Life and disability benefits
- 401(k) program (US) / retirement savings plan (Canada) with company match
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years at the company
- Education reimbursement
- Professional development workshops & industry conferences
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Social responsibility program (volunteer time off and donation matching)
- Annual wellness stipend
- Monthly tech stipend
- Annual family planning stipend
- Monthly snack boxes delivered to your door
- Cell phone allowance
We are a virtual-first company and have employees dispersed throughout the United States and Canada. We have a market-based pay structure that varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed below. You may also be eligible to participate in our bonus program and may be offered an equity award, benefits, and other types of compensation.
This role is eligible for hire in Vancouver (Canada), and Toronto (Canada).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion within our company. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or ability status. We will ensure that individuals who are differently abled are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment as provided to other applicants or employees. Please contact us to request accommodation.
About Course Hero:
We have an awesome team and a truly engaging culture. We are customer-focused, collaborative, responsible, gritty, and we love to learn. Our bold mission is to help students graduate confident and prepared!
We are not the only ones that think we’re onto something big. Course Hero has been recognized as one of the 2021 Top 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Top 50 Best Paying Companies in the Bay Area, Top 100 Most Transparent Companies, and in the Top 50 Most Transformational Companies in Education Technology. Read up on some of our recent news coverage, blog, and learn more about us to see what it is like to work with our team.
Join us on our mission!