Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Helio originated as an internal software application that guided the decisions of CircleUp’s team of early-stage CPG investors and lenders. The insights extracted from the software enabled them to find and provide capital (investments or loans) into early-stage CPGs with tons of future promise. CircleUp used Helio to inform more over $1.25B in loans and to deploy a top-performing venture fund which included early investments in winning brands such as Liquid IV, Supergoop, and many others.
As the industry heard about Helio’s ability to predict breakout success, the interest in getting access to the technology mounted. In 2022, we made Helio commercially available and turned 10 of the top 100 CPGs in the world into Helio superfans.
Helio helps big CPGs (think Coca Cola, General Mills, etc.) leverage data on brands and trends from the entire CPG information universe to strategically build multi-year innovation and acquisition agendas.
Executives at these consumer goods companies are tasked with one thing: find new ways to grow the business. Oftentimes this is through Investment & Acquisition, Innovation, and big long-term bets. Helio helps by identifying new brands from 200+ data sources and provides tons of data for each one — from sales and distribution to voice of customer and social media analytics. It’s this mosaic of consumer brand data that is the secret sauce for our customers. No other data provider on the market can provide the kind of insights our clients get from Helio. Learn more about working at Helio here.
About the role
Do you like challenges and finding innovative ways to answer creative questions? We are seeking an Insights Consultant for a full-time position on the Helio Team. The ideal candidate will be results-oriented, data-driven, collaborative, and eager to tackle ambiguous problems. This person will work closely with the Helio Commercial team as well as the product & technical teams to provide curated insights deliverables to our customers. This includes owning customer project scope, working with the data team to pull any data needed, deck and insights creation, and customer delivery. The role will be extremely fast paced and is likely to change day by day. This role could be a Senior position based on experience.
- Leverage Helio data to help your dedicated book of customers understand how to grow or innovate their CPG brands, or identify high-growth brands ripe for acquisition
- Manage the day-to-day communications of a project team that will span data scientists, engineers, and product managers
- Foster a great relationship with your customers and work to understand their needs and wants
- Collect and analyze customer feedback on Helio data and analysis and translate into actionable product learnings for the product development team
- Work directly with the product team, software engineers, and data scientists to continue building a scalable customer facing data platform
- Support the business development team by helping define customer use cases, business questions, and how we can answer them
- Drive cross-functional alignment and coordination among teams to stand up strategic projects with customer-focused business outcomes
Ideal Experience (not all required)
- Previous experience as a consultant for the CPG industry, or working directly with a CPG company in M&A, Innovation, Insights & Analytics, or Brand Management
- Experience leading a workstream
- Experience working with team members across multiple disciplines (e.g., product, engineering, data scientists, etc.)
- Strong product and/or project management skills with an ability to identify problems and opportunities and take strategic or operational ideas from conception to launch
- Strong relationship management skills. Proven ability to work with and influence a diversity of stakeholders at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment and think strategically about trade-offs and prioritization of projects
- A strong sense of hustle. Energized when making sense of chaos and handling urgent matters
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with experience creating executive-level presentations
- Ability to process information quickly, think analytically, and apply structure / frameworks to unstructured problems
- Dedication to metrics, operational efficiency, and process
- Familiarity with machine learning technology, CPG and/or SaaS industries, and SQL a plus
- Strong growth mindset and deep desire to grow both personally and professionally
- Proactive and organized self-starter who runs through walls to solve complex problems
- Exceptional integrity, highly intelligent and strong work ethic
- High degree of maturity and discretion, with ability to handle sensitive information
- The humility to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Passion for data-driven decision-making and creating impact at scale
- Founder mindset: we are builders trying to create something special, and it requires each of us to think like a entrepreneur
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.