Enterprise Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2022
CircleUp is a data insights company that uses a unique combination of data aggregation and machine learning technology to discover and accelerate the growth of the world’s best businesses. We power every stage of private investing from sourcing and diligence to value creation. We are dedicated to bringing the data-driven investment decisions that have transformed public market investing to the private market, starting with consumer and retail. Ultimately, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs with the funding and support that they need to thrive.
Powered by Helio, CircleUp has deployed $1B+ capital to date, provides Helio as an application to external customers who want to invest in private companies, and has supported over 275 successful brands including LiquidIV, Halo Top, and Super Coffee. Helio is our comprehensive data and insights offering for consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry players, tracking 2M+ brands over time amounting to 700TB of data.
Decision-making in the private markets has historically been opaque, reliant on personal networks, and heuristics-driven. Using Helio means we remove human heuristics and biases from the investment process. We aren’t reliant on personal networks to find great companies and are able to identify entrepreneurs and businesses who have traditionally been overlooked. CircleUp launched in 2012, and is backed by top investors including Canaan Partners, GV, Maveron, QED Investors, Rose Park Advisors, Temasek and Union Square Ventures. CircleUp has been named one of the Top 5 Most Disruptive Companies in Finance by CNBC, 50 Best FinTech Innovators by KPMG, Top 3 Most Innovative Companies within Data Science by Fast Company and America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes.
- Serve as a founding team member and key leader on our Insights business to drive a new revenue stream for the company.
- Evaluate the CPG customer segment, identifying the addressable market, the intensity of their need, and Helio’s product market fit and evolving your approach as the product matures.
- Design sales strategies, processes, and go to market approach to help us scale in a thoughtful, collaborative fashion within the CPG market segment.
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal, unearthing new sales opportunities through networking and turning them into long term partnerships.
- Build and maintain your pipeline; forecast and track potential and planned revenue events; providing accurate monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual forecasts and creating detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas.
- Develop, refine, present and sell existing and new solutions to prospective clients within the CPG market segment.
- Creatively network into the highest levels of accounts within the CPG market whether through your network, cold-calling, emailing, social media, events or anything else.
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team including marketing, customer success and the product team to optimize for CircleUp equity value.
10 Reasons Why This Role Could Be Perfect for You
- You have 5+ years of experience with a proven track record of strong execution in SaaS enterprise sales and management experience of a direct sales team; preferably in the Consumer Goods and/or Syndicated Data space.
- You have a proven track record of hitting/exceeding revenue goals while building strategic relationships that continue to grow after the first sale.
- You are an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in hard-working team environments - building from the ground up while collaborating with awesome people is your love language.
- You have demonstrated success in strategic thinking, planning and implementation – a strong desire and track record of getting things done.
- You are an excellent communicator and simplifying complex technical information into a conversation anyone can understand is something you excel at.
- You act without being told what to do, bring new ideas to the company, and own your business even if it requires rallying the team, delegating tasks and project managing things to make sure your customers have a great experience working with you & our crew.
- Your friends/former colleagues say you are a dependable, self-starter with an unbridled disposition for hard work who also happens to be incredibly coachable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change.
- You constantly find yourself generating new and innovative approaches to problems and bringing those ideas to life by collaborating with and influencing others.
- You have high standards and expect your personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best; you have exceptional integrity, highly intelligent and strong work ethic.
- You know “the devil is in the details,” especially as it relates to the nuances of working with large and strategic accounts and so you move fast, but you are always thorough. Which means you are reading this last sentence and will respond to this job description by saying I’m Obsessed With Our Customers.
10 Reasons this Role is NOT Right for You
- You’ve never built something from the ground up and/or you have no desire to do so now... as in tomorrow.
- The idea of owning and retiring a multi-million dollar quota in a business you are building from the ground up doesn’t get you super freaking excited & ready to run through walls to make it happen.
- You prefer to work with a defined check list of to-dos every day and require detailed instructions and training in order to execute projects and deliverables.
- You believe in defining success through vanity metrics like number of emails sent and number of meetings on your calendar.
- You don't want to be held accountable to growth and revenue of the business.
- You spend months planning & thinking through every idea before you execute.
- You care more about role and title than the people you work with or the product you work on.
- You think that getting into the weeds and understanding the business is beneath your level.
- You want to stay in your comfort zone.
- You hate working on teams that work hard, play hard, cheer each other on always, care personally and challenge directly; even when challenging & pushing back is uncomfortable.
Compensation: $130-150k base/$130-150k commission depending on experience
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive - not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.