Quality Assurance Engineer
Caraway is a digital healthcare company that provides integrated mental, reproductive and physical healthcare services. Caraway offers personalized, evidence-based care 24/7.
Caraway provides access to trusted, holistic, and compassionate healthcare so patients can get the care they need when they need it.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team to develop/document and execute manual and automated tests to ensure product quality. Our ideal candidate focuses on improving software quality by making sure the development team is doing the right things the right way. You will take ownership of code quality by creating and implementing a strategy for quality testing and as well as suggesting solutions using automated tests to meet quality standards.
We expect you to be able to build consistent and efficient tests, identify issues, report them and see that they are fixed in a timely manner. Ultimately, you will conduct tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly.
What you'll do
- Develop, maintain, document, and execute comprehensive test plans, test cases and test scripts for new functional, regression, integration of the mobile/web based applications and existing software.
- Ability to analyze and recognize the impact of changes in the business requirements and understand the risks.
- Define testing strategies and approaches including both manual and automated testing methodologies.
- Analyzes and clearly documents test case results and verifies tested solutions aligned with requirements and designs.
- Participate in all testing activities to ensure deliverables are met on time and to a high quality.
- Collaborate with development team & business analysts to identify testing scope and define testable acceptance criteria.
- Resolve any conflicts during testing; track progress, defect reporting, and re-testing while managing test expectations.
- Ensures that testing projects are completed on schedule.
- Verify implementation of software code into production and conduct post-production release testing.
- Selection or identification of test cases for automation from existing test case documentation.
- Ability to work Independently or Cross Team certifying test results and to ensure quality of the systems development life cycle.
- Provide an update to the QA Manager with testing progress and defect metrics.
- Continue to develop knowledge related to testing of our product.
Who you are
Bachelor’s Degree OR equivalent experience of experience.
- 4+ years experience with information technology.
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance professional experience with Mobile/Web Applications.
- 3+ years developing and implementing test plans, test scripts, and testing solutions.
- 3+ years experience working with a team following Agile software development lifecycle practice.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with JIRA or similar bug reporting tools.
- 2+ years working experience with Testrail or similar test case management system.
- 1+ years of API Testing using Postman or similar tools.
- Experience working with various software development tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services (AWS).
- Experience working with Github, AWS Cognito, JIRA or similar systems for software development lifecycle management and/or CI/CD pipelines.
- Demonstrable skills of describing defects, with clear pre-conditions, repro steps, expected out comes in a concise language.
- Proven track record of effective prioritization and multitasking.
- Excellent ability to solve problems, critically think, and apply logic in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Attention to detail, a methodical and detail-oriented work style.
- Proven record of working with remote teams.
- Familiarity with remote working collaboration tools such as Slack, Zoom, Confluence, Emails and Calendars.
Nice to have
- 1 or more years experience developing and implementing a testing framework with Mobile testing automation: DETOX
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new business processes, technologies and industry best practices and proactively introduce new approaches to enhance the testing process.
- Self-motivated and possess a strong problem-solving background with great testing and documentation skills.
Why you'll love working here
Caraway offers the opportunity to be a part of a startup environment and work closely with the founding team and industry leading investors & advisors. Caraway offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Mission-driven & team-oriented culture
- Hybrid & flexible working environment
Caraway is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive work environment for all. All candidates are welcome to apply.