San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 6, 2023
What We're About
At Brewbird, we believe in building a sustainable future in coffee. We’re developing a technology platform to scale the $100 billion specialty coffee market, while working with top local and national roasters to bring the highest quality cup of coffee to every home and office. Brewbird is backed by some of the world’s best venture funds. We’re a passionate team of builders who use technology to craft elegant and delightful solutions to challenging real world problems.
What You'll Be Working On
As our Service Manager, you will report to the Director of Product Development and help build and optimize the service, support and test functions of the company. We are looking for a multi-faceted and flexible operator that can partner cross-functionally across the entire org, including engineering and customer-facing teams. If you’re interested in creating and optimizing the foundation of a service and support team at the pre-launch phase of a startup, come drink some coffee with us!
This role will be based in the company’s headquarters, located in San Carlos, CA. The salary range for this role is $110,000 - $140,000 / year.
- Supervise and grow a team of manufacturing technicians, field service technicians and test operators in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Direct & delegate service tasks to team members, ensuring timely installations, hot swaps and repairs; jump in and be hands on alongside team members as needed
- Lead the test operator team to ensure that machines are tested in a timely manner to meet product and business development timelines (i.e. prototyping, design milestones, unit installations, events/conferences, etc.)
- Build and maintain a service desk, always looking to improve service methods to optimize for operational efficiencies and excellent customer service
- Conduct robust root cause analysis, build processes and data flow that can help simplify troubleshooting and feed valuable insights back to the engineering design team
- Keep track of and report to appropriate stakeholders on important core metrics, such as uptime of machines in the field, machine repair turnaround time, and novel & known issues that arise during rework/testing
- Organize and manage inventory of spare parts and subsystems
- Foster an overall sense of urgency and healthy forward momentum within the in-house service, support, test and manufacturing team; balance managing short term cycles of unit allocations, and building the team & processes for longer term scale
- Work with suppliers and vendors on tasks such as re-ordering parts; be ready to interface with other external parties as needs arise
- At least 5+ years of management or lead experience, with 2+ years of prior hands-on experience with electromechanical hardware products
- Have hands on and/or managerial field service or customer-facing experience
- Excellent communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across both internal and external teams
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate record-keeping and documentation
- Strong problem-solving skills to quickly diagnose and resolve issues
- Experience tracking metrics and preparing reports regularly to stakeholders
- Demonstrated flexibility and agility working with an early stage, dynamic team
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early-stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.