Principal Electrical Engineer
Software Engineering, Other Engineering
San Carlos, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 31, 2023
What We're About
At Brewbird, we believe in building a sustainable future in coffee. We’re developing a technology platform to scale the $100 billion specialty coffee market, while working with top local and national roasters to bring the highest quality cup of coffee to every home and office. Brewbird is backed by some of the world’s best venture funds. We’re a passionate team of builders who use technology to craft elegant and delightful solutions to challenging real world problems.
What You'll Be Working On
You will be a core member of our early product team! We are looking for our pioneering Principal Electrical Engineer that is deeply knowledgeable about the product development lifecycle and has a knack for prototyping. The main priority for this role is to design, test, integrate and maintain existing and new PCB/PCBA interconnects and electrical components for our existing and future products. Be ready to bring your insights and expertise in embedded systems circuit to define new electrical designs capable of supporting our product growth plans in 2023 and beyond.
This role will be based in the company’s headquarters, located in San Carlos, CA. The salary band for this role is $170,000 - $210,000.
- Design, test and maintain all PCB/PCBA design(s) and associated Bill of Materials for products internal and external
- Work cross functionally with Mechanical, Firmware, Software and product team members for requirement definition, system design, system bring-up, integration, debugging and testing
- Create and manage the “end-to-end"– everything from the high-level architectural designs to the low-level schematics
- Develop PCBA test fixtures and work with internal team and manufacturing partners to set up test processes
- Help with product certification processes for UL and other applicable certifications
- Effectively collaborate with the internal team and external partners with open and generous communication, as well as deep sense of mutual support and accountability
- B.S. Degree + 10 years of experience or M.S. Degree + 7 years of experience preferred
- Experience using Altium Designer
- Strong skills in rapid prototyping
- Deep knowledge of the full product lifecycle
- Has taken a product from concept to manufacture at least once
- Experience with sensors, power supply design and actuators
- Experience architecting systems with multiple motors, processors and busses desired
- RF design experience at system level (architecture, radio selection, development, bring up, test, manufacture)
- Experience debugging and cleaning ESD/EMI/RFI/Noise issues
- Understanding fundamentals of Signal Integrity and how they affect designs. Can debug and fix issues
Our core values ☕
- We operate with a spirit of generosity. We go the extra mile to act in ways that allow others to experience happiness, success and fulfillment - in big ways and small. We believe acting and communicating openly, honestly and generously is a virtuous cycle.
- We do the work that truly matters. There's so much we can do, and so we ruthlessly focus on the things that allow us to have the most impact. To us, results matter more than hours worked or time spent. We protect our time and are considerate of the time of others so that we can all be at our best in work and life.
- We believe in joining forces. We bring people with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives together to accomplish far more than we ever could alone. When we don't know something, we ask. We believe in supporting each other and ultimately hold ourselves accountable to each person that makes up the Brewbird whole - our customers, roasting partners, employees and more.
- We prove bold ambition and integrity can co-exist. We're in it for the long haul. We set big, audacious goals - ones that make our hearts proud - and take the responsibility that comes with them seriously. We're honest with ourselves and others about where we are and what we're working on. We keep on keeping on with persistence and seek to master the art of resilience along the way.
- We cultivate joy, together. For us, coffee is ultimately about feeling good. And, we believe the best things in life are experienced together. We're motivated by genuine human interaction. Work and productivity have their time and important place, yet we're not "nothing but business" kind of people. We believe in bringing people together to celebrate life's moments - big and small.
At Brewbird, we put our people first. In addition to a competitive compensation package with meaningful early stage equity, we provide our employees with flexible paid time off to relax and recharge. We also offera generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, 401k plan, flexible work environment, and a commuter stipend for mass transit or parking.
Brewbird is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
See more open positions at Brewbird
Something looks off?