Operations Research & Analytics Senior Analyst
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryThe goal for the Operations Research & Analytics team is to leverage applied research methodology, deep understanding of operational processes and advanced tools/technology to identify, monitor, enhance and measure business values in operations and capabilities. S. Analyst, Operations Research and Analytics provides designated analytical services and solutions to business operations in the following areas: Operational Intelligence, Operations Research, Decision Science and Process Improvement. The Sr. Analyst, Operations Research and Analytics independently designs and deploys analytical solutions and services, leveraging various tools, technologies and processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Business Understanding and Problem Formulation: Work closely with designated business area leaders and stakeholders to understand their business objectives, operational processes, performance measurement and decision making mechanisms. Able to use analytics to identify use cases that drive potential business value
- Domain Expertise: Develop domain knowledge into expertise in one or more area. Domains include but are not limited to: care center, collections, fraud, delivery operations, back office operations, digital and non-digital capabilities, data sources and definitions, BI-related tools, processes and technology, reporting, dashboards, visualization, process improvement, applied research methodology, etc.
- Project Delivery: Proficient in design and delivery in one or more of the following areas:
- Operational Intelligence: Develop, deploy and maintain solution for reporting, on-going monitoring system and alerts, BI dashboard, self-service analytics and visualization tools, leveraging various tools, technologies and processes.
- Operations Research: Identify opportunities and develop research agendas on specific operational process/capabilities, build statistical control charts to monitor the process, identify issues, send out alerts, conduct behavioral analysis on process, associates or customers, and make recommendations.
- Decision Science: Conduct scenario analysis, risk analysis, cost/benefit analysis and leverage other advanced techniques such as scenario planning, simulation, optimization and forecasting. Provide guidance, risk assessment and recommendations to business partners and leadership to ensure sound decision making.
- Process Improvement: Through process mapping, data collection and analysis, identify process improvement opportunities in business operations. Work with business leaders/stakeholders to implement new processes and measure the outcome/business value.
- Stakeholder Management & Collaboration: Understand priorities, communicate progress and status to key stakeholders. Present results to key stakeholders and leadership. Independently manage and enhance relationship with certain business functional areas, such as Customer Care, Collection, Capabilities, Delivery Operations, etc.
- Continuous Learning: Demonstrate ability to be a self-starter and critical thinker. Learn new skills as required or provided by the team. Demonstrate a passion for using data & analytics to solve business problems and improve operational efficiency.
Reports to: Manager, Sr. Manger or Director
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements:
- Normal office environment, some travel may be required.
- This position is hybrid with an onsite schedule of 3-4 days per month. In-office requirements are subject to change based on business need. This position is currently available to candidates that reside within 60 miles of Columbus, OH.
Direct Reports: N/A
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industry Engineering, Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Science, Engineering, any course work with emphasis on data, analysis, information technology, quantitative skills and critical thinking
- At least one year (or Master's degree) in business, operations, engineering, manufacturing, science, research, call center or non-profit. Proficient with data analysis, SQL, rational database, basic statistical analysis and business problem formulation
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Science, Engineering, Social Studies, Psychology, etc.
- Two years of experience in Financial services, retail industry, care center operations with a Bachelor’s degree or one year of experience with a Master’s degree Hands-on experience with data management, data manipulation, data analysis, BI & reporting or statistical analysis
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:$61,900.00 - $112,100.00
Full Salary Range for position:California: $71,200.00 - $140,200.00Colorado: $61,900.00 - $117,800.00New York: $68,100.00 - $140,200.00Washington: $65,000.00 - $129,000.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates (except those located in Illinois) receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safe Time (“PSST”) upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year. Illinois associates receive 40 hours of Illinois PSST upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year and 40 hours of Illinois Paid Leave upon hire and at the beginning of each subsequent calendar year. Illinois Paid Leave must be used before associates in Illinois will be approved to take FTO.
Hired associates will be able to elect the purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at TaOps@breadfinancial.com.
Job Family:Data and Analytics