EFCC Data Specialist - SharePoint Reporting
Every career journey is personal. That's why we empower you with the tools and support to create your own success story.
Be challenged. Be heard. Be valued. Be you ... be here.
Job SummaryThe Enterprise Financial Crime Compliance (EFCC) Data Specialist is responsible for developing and executing a data analytics and interpretation process within the Bread Financial EFCC team. Within this role, you will help develop new capabilities across financial crime systems including the design and execution of our new enterprise monitoring solution. In addition, you will help engineer state-of-the-art models, methods, and features required to support the new monitoring program.
This role will also play a significant role in partnering with business units, data stewards, and IT teams for a better understanding of the customer journey across multiple lines of business and set the roadmap to support both business line transparency and EFCC needs. Solutions developed by this multi-faceted team will support enterprise risk and business needs including transaction monitoring, customer due diligence, sanction screening, fraud, and digital analytics. This individual is accountable for managing data for critical financial crimes monitoring systems and creating useful reporting from system-derived data.
Data Analytics: The ability to use common statistical tools (R, SAS, SQL, and Microsoft Excel) to categorize identify and use data sets in large data populations and warehouses to fulfill business needs. Creative ability to leverage disparate data sources and aggregate results into concise recommendations. Support Internal Audits and FDIC Examiners via requested Reports of Information.
Data Mapping: Work with other departments to understand their data and map it to AML Database/Tables. Maintain and develop data governance best practices. Create, manage, and utilize high performance relational databases (Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later, Oracle 11g, Microsoft Access, and other proprietary software). Query and mine large data sets in OLAP environments to discover transaction patterns, examine financial data and filter for targeted information using traditional as well as predictive/advanced analytic methodologies. Design and development of data validation procedures, perform data quality control, develop database reports and user interfaces, and normalize relational data. This role will develop analysis on business problems and prepare and present complex written and verbal materials (reports, findings and presentations) typically using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
Operations and Support: Demonstrated ability to work basic system administration functions as defined by the systems engineer. Perform system monitoring by working with IT Support group(s). Perform data integrity monitoring. Review new internal project scopes to determine impact to AML System. The specialist, will on a project basis, possibly lead, and help train junior associates in the activities, while providing input with respect to practice technology initiatives and investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, or related field
- Four years of experience with data analytics and/or statistical analysis; Data gathering, data mining, data analytics or statistical analysis working utilizing R, Python, Microsoft Excel, SAS and/or SQL
- Preferred experience with SharePoint, SharePoint Online, Power BI, Microsoft Power Automate
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, Astrophysics, Physics or related field
- Six or more years of experience with SAS, R, Python, data processing, database programming, and data analytics; Data mining, data gathering and analysis with some practical experience in system administration, managing databases for BSA/AML transaction monitoring systems such as Actimize, FCRM, or others.
- Certification Preferred: SAS Certification or SQL Certification
- Two Years of experience specific to AML/BSA or Sanction data analysis
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time, the Company reserves the right to add and/or delete essential functions from this job at any time.
Typical Starting Range:$86,100.00 - $156,000.00
Full Salary Range for position:California: $98,800.00 - $195,000.00Colorado: $86,100.00 - $163,900.00New York: $94,700.00 - $195,000.00Washington: $90,400.00 - $179,100.00
The actual base pay within this range may be dependent upon many factors, which may include, but are not limited to, work location, education, experience, and skills.
Bread Financial offers medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and other voluntary benefits (including basic and optional life insurance, supplemental medical plans, and short and long-term disability) to eligible associates (regular full-time associates scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more) and their spouses/domestic partners, and child(ren) under the age of 26. New associate elected coverage begins on date of hire (with the exception of disability coverage which has a 6-month waiting period). Six weeks of 100% paid parental leave for eligible parents is available after a 180-day waiting period. Hired associates can immediately enroll in Bread Financial’s 401(k) plan.
All associates receive 11 paid holidays. Associates have discretion in managing their time away from work through the Flexible Time Off (FTO) program and may need to notify and receive approval from their manager prior to taking the time off. Associates receive 80 hours of Paid Sick and Safety Time per calendar year at the beginning of each year and is prorated in the associate’s first year of employment.
Hired associates will be able to elect to purchase company stock during offering periods in June and December. You will be eligible for an annual incentive bonus based on individual and company performance.
Click here for more Benefits information.
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread Cashback American Express® Credit Card and Bread Savings products.
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, Bread Financial is powered by its 7,500+ global associates and is committed to sustainable business practices.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
Job Family:Finance,Accounting and Banking