Senior Accountant (Remote)
At Booster, we believe the world deserves better energy solutions to power the movement of people and things. Our mobile energy platform enables us to simplify the market’s access to energy. We deliver conventional and renewable fuels directly to fleet vehicles nationwide, lowering carbon emissions, reducing costs, and providing access to sustainable fuels. At a time when the urgent desire to transition to a more sustainable energy future is far outpacing the development of infrastructure, Booster provides a critical solution for Amazon, Imperfect Foods, UPS, Zum, and hundreds of other customers — no filling stations, truck stops, or off-route trips required. We believe in elevating standards around energy and the environment and are committed to helping our customers seamlessly convert to sustainable energy alternatives while reducing their energy consumption. After all, taking a more holistic approach to sustainability drives value for our employees, customers, and the communities where we live, work and play.
About the Role
Booster is looking for a talented individual to join our accounting team! As the Senior Accountant your primary duties will revolve around the month-end close process for certain assigned areas.
What You Will Be Doing
- Full month-end close cycle, including recording journal entries, reconciliations and analysis in assigned areas.
- Working closely with other departments (Payroll, Operations, Finance, etc.) to ensure proper recording of journal entries. Be the subject matter expert for and prepare reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Assist in other activities such as post month end close analysis and special projects related to systems and processes
- Assisting in the development and implementation of internal controls.
What You Should Already Have
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with significant accounting coursework (through intermediate)
- 5+ years of meaningful corporate or public accounting experience
- CPA License preferred but not required
- Experience with debt, including amortization schedules, and compensation related accounting topics a plus
- Prior fuel or commodity experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles and the ability to research accounting topics at an intermediate level when required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (including Vlook up, Pivot Tables, Conditional Formatting, etc.)
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and respond to changing demands and commit to firm deadlines
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, both written and verbal
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
What makes Booster different?
- Committed to Equity and Inclusion and you’ll notice it in our process
- Cutting-edge tech: We’re building the world’s first unified energy network
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage for teammates!
- Unlimited PTO and up to 12 weeks of parental leave
- Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing
Check us out!
The Disruptive Voice Podcast, Fueling the Energy Transition: A Conversation with Frank MyCroft
CNBC, Booster is making renewable fuels accessible in ways a gas station cannot
Freight Waves, Truck Tech: Who needs infrastructure edition
Read about Booster’s company culture, sustainability initiatives, product offerings and more on the Booster Blog.
Booster continues to win awards: Inc. Best in Business 2022, Timmy Awards Best Tech for Good San Francisco Bay Finalist 2022, Forbes Top Startup Employers 2022, Women in Trucking’s 2022 Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation, Forbes Top Startup Employers 2021, and more.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram!
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.