Director of Product Development - Vietnam
Vietnam, HCMC | Asia Ops Team | Reports to Tina Nguyen Development Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
We are looking for an accomplished Regional Head of Production Engineering, Development, and Quality assurance with extensive expertise in footwear processes, construction, tooling, , and quality management. The ideal candidate will lead our product team in the North of Vietnam, ensuring the highest standards of quality and efficiency from initial tech pack to finished product.
- Lead and manage the regional quality, product development and commercialisation teams in creating the best quality product from ITP finished product.
- Oversee the entire product life cycle, and manage the product timeline to an embedded GTM calendar.
- Set basic non-negotiable requirements for product excellence with the teams ( Allbirds ad Factory)
- Expert knowledge in Footwear construction techniques, pattern making, grading last making and tooling to guide and support the development and commercialisation teams in achieving product excellence.
- Conduct in region fittings and provide technical guidance to resolve construction issues.
- Embed a QA process to ensure product excellence for ITO to Finished goods.
- Establish and enforce stringent quality control measures to ensure that product meets fit requirements, and quality standards whilst retaining design aesthetic as closely as possible,
- Implement quality assurance processes and continuous improvement initiatives across all product development, commercialisation and production stages.
- Own Testing, materials and FGT.
- Collaborate closely with design,US PD, materials, planning, costing, and factories to align product development, commercialisation and quality strategies with market demands and brand objectives.
- Coordinate with external vendors and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials, and reduction of LLT’s
Leadership and Team Development:
- Mentor, coach, and develop the team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning to reinforce empowerment, and a growth mindset.
- Provide leadership and guidance to drive team performance, efficiency, and excellence.
Where we need help
- Empowering the Asia Based PD and creating a culture of growth, and confidence..
- Embedding a process for ITP to finished goods to ensure excellent quality product as minimum
- Set basic requirements with the factory and team for the basic requirements of good quality production.
- Create communication channels for key stakeholders to understand regional priorities and deliver OTIF against a proven GTM calendar.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Footwear, Fashion Design, Engineering, or related field.
- Additional certifications or training in Footwear, knitting, construction and development are advantageous.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in footwear Development, or commercialisation, with a significant tenure in a leadership role.
- Expertise in manufacturing processes, technical specifications, and quality standards.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skil
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Phone/communication benefit
- Free shoes
- Generous holiday
- Team events
- 401K (if a US resident)