People Operations Analyst
San Francisco, CA | Employee Experience Team | Reports to Manager II, People Operations
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
* Where we need help
Reporting to the People Operations Manager, you will be executing daily administrative processes related to the employee life cycle, work on special projects, and ensuring our employees have a seamless experience. Working with the greater People team, you will have the opportunity to support innovative programs, and take on the toughest roadblocks in scalability to help grow Allbirds. Our ideal candidate is a highly adaptable individual with strong interpersonal skills, who is not intimidated in the face of ambiguity, and is equal parts proactive and collaborative.
* What does the job entail?
- Provides administrative triage support for HR requests via a ticketing system and HR inbox ● Responds to general HR-related inquiries and questions about HR policies and procedures in a timely manner
- Is able to route and address HR related issues to appropriate leaders (Operations, HRBPs, Payroll)
- Support daily management of HRIS and employee lifecycle workflow in system ● Creates, updates, and maintains training guides, workflows, and other standard operating procedures
- Federal and statutory compliance reporting and management including proposing best practices within existing processes.
- Assist with annual EEO compliance tracking,
- Assist in creating and researching scalable solutions for HRIS Roadmap and Techstack ● Creation and maintenance of personnel files in HRIS
- Assist with research, drafting, and editing new policies, processes, and/or initiatives rolled out by the People Ops team;
- Support daily management of HRIS and employee lifecycle workflow in system; ● Assist in audits to determine data anomalies, gaps and completeness in People systems to ensure data integrity, partner with key stakeholders as needed.
- Create reporting support for the People Team, leaders, and people managers. ● Develop relationships with People Business Partners to understand and address analytics and process improvement opportunities
- Identify opportunities for new solutions, such as templates or dashboards to solve recurring business needs.
- Maintain our system access permissions
*What are we looking for?
- 2-3 years of human resources administration or related experience handling confidential and time sensitive information.
- 1-2 years experience maintaining HRIS and/or people platforms - familiarity with ADP Workforce Now is a huge plus
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Knowledge of HR policies and practices, employment law, recruitment and employment practices, Equal Employment Opportunity regulations and guidelines
- Experience managing timecard issues and assigning Time off policies ● Highly collaborative style, and proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to lead with empathy and effectively communicate with our employee population
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to assist in several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, flexible, detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
More practical skills desired:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Advanced Excel/ Spreadsheet skills
- G Suite experience
- Knowledge of all or some pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs, including the ACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers' compensation, Medicare, OBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP and CEBS professional designations
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
What do we offer?
The pay range for this role is: $74,000 - $83,000 and is required to be based out of our San Francisco, CA corporate office.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
- Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.