Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance
San Francisco, CA | Strategic Finance Team | Reports to Director, Strategic Finance
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable
products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Analyst within our Finance team to be a key member of our rapidly-growing business. In this role, you will work with a lean team, handling a wide array of responsibilities across Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Budgeting, Business
Strategy, Cost Benefit Analyses, Investor Relations, and Corporate Development. Your tasks will include company-wide planning and forecasting, resource planning and allocation, executing key financial analysis and modeling, and supporting accurate financial reporting all while helping execute the Allbirds vision and strategy. You will form strong relationships across Allbirds, with various executives and stakeholders (including non-finance focused teams), both in our HQ as well as our offices abroad. This candidate should be highly curious with a solid understanding of accounting and financial principles who will work closely with leadership to drive synergies, efficiencies, and insights through process, model, and technology improvements while navigating our dynamic, fast paced and changing landscape with a high degree of autonomy and integrity.
What does the job entail?
- High impact member of the finance team, with oversight and strong working relationship across the full organization (including Accounting, Supply Chain & Operations, International, Product, People, Marketing, among others).
- Drive financial performance by developing operating and financial metrics, analyzing results and trends to create impactful insights, reporting results to executives leadership and key stakeholders, and improving forecasting and modeling accuracy.
- Own the financial operating model and budgeting for the Corporate and International business segment.
- Support the annual and long-range financial planning, including monthly financial forecasting cycles, by anticipating business changes and spotting trends, getting key stakeholders aligned on material inputs, completing input models, loading systems, producing reporting, insightful analysis, contingency plans, operational recommendations, etc.
- Be the financial point-of-contact in analyzing projects and businesses cases across various departments within the company to assess potential returns and risks, as well as monitor existing investment decisions and performance.
- Other ad hoc financial projects including but not limited to: Investor Relations, Corporate Development, and Business Strategy.
What are we looking for?
- Passionate, curious, and interested in a growing, consumer-facing DTC brand.
- A team-first attitude, who is willing and eager to roll up his/her sleeves, doing the tasks necessary in a lean-team to help advance the business forward.
- Ability to think and work independently, approaching problems with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Strong analytical background with experience in financial modeling and comfort around working with numbers.
- Able to approach tasks strategically, whether its from 0 to 60k feet, or anywhere in between.
- Organized, and able to multi-task and perform in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable presenting with all levels of internal employees and executives.
- Detail-oriented, with a great sense of ownership around the work that is being done.
- Not afraid to speak up or challenge the status quo if a better perspective is available.
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment.
More practical skills needed:
- Advanced Excel skills including modeling and data analysis capabilities; proven success in
building financial/forecasting models.
- Ability to understand and tell a story from a company’s financial statements and analysis.
- Ideally 3+ years in Corporate Finance / FP&A / Investment Banking / Private Equity / Consulting.
- Very comfortable with Powerpoint, Word, and presenting in front of stakeholders
What can we offer?
The pay range for this role is: $90,000 - $100,000 and must be performed in our San Francisco, CA corporate office.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience, and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.
Please apply with your resume. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.