Store Leader, La Jolla (San Diego, CA)
San Diego, CA | Retail Team | Reports to the District Manager - SOUTH
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where do we need help?
We’ve sold a million shoes, launched three groundbreaking materials, and changed how people think about comfort, design, and retail. Now we’re taking the Allbirds in-store experience across the country and are looking for seasoned and impactful retail leaders to execute on that mission.
Who are we looking for?
The Store Leader’s core purpose is to drive store performance and deliver retail excellence, from achieving financial targets, to directing all aspects of store operations, to developing a phenomenal in-store flock that provides our customers with amazing in-store experiences.
What does the job entail?
Delivering and executing on four primary focus areas: Store Performance, Operational Excellence, People Management, and Customer Experience.
- Measure and monitor retail KPIs such as sales, NPS, and email capture targets, taking action to improve business performance when needed.
- Push yourself and the team to consistently meet and exceed business goals.
- Be results oriented even when dealing with ambiguous or unfamiliar situations and challenges.
- Foster effective relationships and partnerships within the local community to build strong engagement, outreach and marketing opportunities.
- opening and closing procedures
- cash count and control
- acceptable inventory shrinkage as percentage of sales
- loss prevention security measures
- an efficient ordering system for all necessary store supplies
- a safe and healthy work environment for employees and customers
- store compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations
- Manage and be accountable for all operations in a high traffic, high volume store, including, but not limited to:
- Hold team members accountable for fulfilling their role responsibilities, such as following SOPs and adhering to time & attendance and dress code policies.
- Execute and deliver operationally in a fast-paced environment
- Conduct regular check ins and provide on-the-spot coaching and feedback
- Conduct quarterly reviews and create and manage development plans for each team member
- Build succession plans
- Facilitate internal promotions and mobility
- Build a diverse team with a wide range of experiences, perspectives, and service styles to best serve a diverse customer base.
- Ensure that your team is providing customers with engaging and personalized try-on experiences.
- Be the hiring manager on all in-store roles, responsible for recruiting, training, and onboarding new-hires.
- Focus on developing and retaining talent
- Champion an open door policy that promotes honesty and transparency amongst the team.
- Cultivate an engaging and empowering store culture based on our values and mission.
- Explore thoughtful and creative ways to motivate the team, celebrate wins, and recognize contributions.
- Effectively and efficiently resolve employee issues, escalating ER issues to your Area Leader and Talent Partner when needed.
- Establish and reinforce effective communication routines within the store leadership team and ensure company communications are cascaded appropriately to all members of your flock.
- Ensure that the team is providing customers with high quality and personalized in-store experiences.
What might describe you.
- Minimum of 5-7 yrs of retail management experience required, outlet experience preferred, ideally in fashion or footwear
- Experienced in high volume inventory management, stock takes, inventory counts, and replenishment cycles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in shift scheduling and talent management
- Tech-savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office / G-Suite
- Able to work approximately 40 hours per week, including a minimum of one weekend day
- Able to comfortably lift 30 lbs on a regular basis and stand for 95% of the work day
- Strong connection to Allbirds's mission, vision, and products
- Curious, intentional, and low-ego, with an eye for simplifying complex situations and processes
What can we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Employee discounts
Please apply with your resume and cover letter. We're excited to hear from you.
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.