Assistant Store Leader - SF Premium Outlets (Livermore, CA)
Livermore. CA | Retail Team | Reports to the Bay Area Leader
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for life's everyday adventures. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a fundamental belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flashy designs and synthetics in favor of more thoughtful, natural solutions.
Where do we need help?
We’ve sold a million shoes, launched three groundbreaking materials, and changed how people think about comfort, design, and retail. Now we’re taking the Allbirds in-store experience across the country and are looking for seasoned and impactful retail leaders to execute on that mission.
Who are we looking for?
The Store Leader’s core purpose is to drive store performance and deliver retail excellence, from achieving financial targets, to directing all aspects of store operations, to developing a phenomenal in-store flock that provides our customers with amazing in-store experiences.
What does the job entail?
Delivering and executing on four primary focus areas: Store Performance, People Management, Operational Excellence, and Customer Experience.
- Support the Store Leader in the execution of business plans to achieve all operational and financial targets.
- Use sound judgment to effectively allocate and manage resources, such as labor and inventory, in order to achieve targets.
- Actively contribute to meeting the team’s sales goals and NPS targets, leading by example.
- Hold team members accountable for fulfilling their role responsibilities, such as following SOPs and adhering to time & attendance and dress code policies.
- Help recruit Floor Leads and Retail Ambassadors and assist in training and onboarding new-hires.
- Help develop and retain talent.
- Provide in the moment coaching and feedback
- Help team members achieve the goals laid out in their quarterly reviews and development plans
- Provide input to the Store Leader on succession planning
- Help the Store Leader facilitate internal promotions and mobility
- Champion an open door policy that promotes honesty and transparency amongst the team.
- Cultivate an engaging and empowering team culture based on our values and mission.
- Explore thoughtful and creative ways to motivate the team, celebrate shared wins, and recognize individual contributions.
- Execute on store operations, including, but not limited to:
- opening and closing procedures
- store appearance, cleanliness, and organization
- cash count and control
- ensuring store security from theft and knowing proper apprehension and prosecution procedures
- ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for employees and customers
- ensuring store compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations
- Ensure that your team is providing customers with engaging and personalized try-on experiences.
What might describe you.
- Prior retail management experience required, ideally in fashion or footwear
- Strong connection to Allbirds's mission, vision, and products
- Curious, intentional, and low-ego, with an eye for simplifying complex situations and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in inventory management, stock takes, inventory counts, and replenishment cycles
- Experienced in shift scheduling and talent management
- Tech-savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office / G-Suite
- Able to work approximately 40 hours per week, including a minimum of one weekend day
- Able to comfortably lift 30 lbs on a regular basis and stand for 95% of the work day
What can we offer?
The Allbirds pay range for the role is up to - $70,000, depending on knowledge, skills and level of experience..
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other factors. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation.
Additional benefits for roles at Allbirds may include: paid time off, equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan with matching; medical, dental, and vision benefits; pre-tax savings, and wellness & lifestyle benefits.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus programs for retail and management teams, healthcare, equity, savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees (HMO, HSA, PPO with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for applicable roles (RSU’s and Options), 401(k) with matching, employee stock purchase, and company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles, pre-tax savings programs for healthcare expenses, parents, and commuters.
- Paid time off benefits include parental leave, volunteering, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Mental Health (free coaching and therapy sessions for employees and dependents), Employee Assistance Program, expense reimbursement programs, and more.
Other Perks include the company discount (50%), free shoes quarterly for retail teams, new hire company merchandise allotment for corporate, food/refreshments available for retail teams during shifts, employee referral bonuses.
Please apply with your resume & cover letter. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.