Sr. Manager, Accounting
San Francisco, CA | Finance | Reports to Controller
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we’re on a mission to prove that comfort, good design and sustainability don’t have to be mutually exclusive. We are dedicated to making the most sustainable footwear we can using premium natural materials, designed for the to and fro of everyday life. Our commitment to making better shoes in a better way is fueled by a belief that the shoe industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. With funding from the leading venture capitalists in consumer products, and the founding CEOs of some of the greatest e-commerce businesses in recent history, our desire to shake up the footwear industry is off to a great start. In fact, TIME already called our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
Where we need help
You’ll work closely with our Accounting Team and key cross functional business partners. You will be responsible for overseeing the month-close process, ERP projects, communicating with cross functional teams, assisting in SOX implementation, owning ad-hoc projects and reporting activities. You’ll help us build a strong infrastructure to support growth and scale. You thrive in a start-up environment. Your friends and co-workers describe you as someone who gets it done, and is good natured, analytical, detail-oriented, and insatiably curious.
What does the job entail?
- Manage month-close for various financial accounting functions, including general ledger, cash, fixed assets, accrued expenses, deferred revenue and other financial areas
- Manage compliance with SOX controls on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Drive a continuous improvement approach to develop strategies to improve accounting operation on policy, process, and system changes
- Lead the preparation and review of the monthly flux analysis
- Co-own cash management and cash flow reporting to the Leadership team
- Assist with annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Ensure integrity of the Company's accounting systems, including chart of account set-ups, financial report development and maintenance and interfaces between systems and general ledger
- Ability to influence and project manage multiple teammates in an integrated close process
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coach and mentor 2-3 team members
- Assist in SOX implementation
- Assist / own various ad-hoc cross-functional projects and ERP enhancement projects
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Be highly organized and drive change
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is pro-active and owns accountability
- Shares company values and vision and is excited by the challenge of working in an early stage public company
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 7-9 years of accounting experience
- Big-4 experience is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
The pay range for this role is: $142,000 - $168,000 and must be performed in our corporate office.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience, and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.
Please apply with your resume. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds has a culture of honesty, respect and trust, and we are committed to providing an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to their membership in any protected classification such as sex, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions) genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran, disability (mental or physical), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected under applicable local, state, or federal law. Allbirds is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, training, advancement and termination.
Allbirds believes in doing the right thing, and is committed to enhancing our diversity, and demonstrating that commitment to our employees, customers and community. The Company promotes diversity by developing policies, programs and procedures that foster a work environment in which differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.