Director, International Distributors
Remote Friendly (San Francisco Headquartered) | International Distribution Team (inside of Business Development Team) | Reports to Vice President, Business Development
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
What does the job entail?
- You will be the first dedicated hire to help lead the new International Distributor channel for Allbirds
- You will be responsible for managing the relationships with each distributor and their key personnel
- Meeting or exceeding sales and margin targets in each region will be your responsibility
- You will provide exceptional customer service and support to each of our partners, and ultimately hire and lead a team to support the channel
- You will share responsibility with our Director of Wholesale to lead the twice annual Sales Meeting
- Managing the international order book each season, as well in-season orders and monthly core replenishments will be up to you, in partnership with our HQ and Asia Ops teams
- You will work closely with the marketing team to ensure consistent and premium brand presentation and execution in each market
- As we evaluate new markets and new partners, you will be part of the team to assess and decide on future opportunities
What You'll Do:
- Build the process with the distributors and inside Allbirds
- Lead the Distributors through the seasonal GTM process
- Lead the Annual and Seasonal business planning with the Distributors
- Responsible for achieving sales and margin targets each season
- Responsible for representing and being an advocate for Distriburors inside Allbirds
- Proactively suggest growth opportunities with existing Distributors
- Bring on new distributors in regions we do not have representation
- Build and lead the team across customer service, ops and marketing within international distribution.
What are we looking for?
- 10+ years working in International Distribution for growing footwear, apparel or other relevant category/brand
- Experience leading a sales or international distribution team
- Comfortable and excited to operate in a scrappy environment, working to remove the ambiguity and establish scalable processes and ways of working
- Experience building and managing executive and principal relationships with distributors and external partners
- Ability to develop and maintain strong cross-functional communication channels and relationships internally
- Strategic mindset capable of building country-specific growth plans supporting the successful and healthy growth of the business and brand overseas
- Analytical ability to assess business results and maintain and exceed KPI targets
What do we offer?
The pay range for this role is: $158,000 - $189,000 if performed in either our San Francisco, CA or Portland, OR corporate office. This role can also be performed remotely. The pay range for this position is $142,000 - $170,000, if performed outside of our two corporate offices.
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other considerations. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location, skillset, experience and peer compensation.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus and equity for eligible roles, healthcare, retirement savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees: HMO, HSA, &PPO (with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with eligible dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for eligible roles, 401(k) with employer matching contribution, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles and pre-tax savings programs for eligible healthcare, childcare and commuter expenses.
- Unlimited PTO, plus parental leave, volunteering, medical & family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Modern Health (free coaching and therapy sessions), Employee Assistance Program and more.
- Other Perks include the company discount (50%) on Allbirds products, reimbursement on eligible wellness expenses and charitable contributions, cellphone and more.