Assistant Store Leader (Korea)
Where do we need help?
We’ve sold a million shoes, launched three groundbreaking materials, and changed how people think about comfort, design, and retail. Now we’re taking the Allbirds in-store experience across the country and are looking for seasoned and impactful retail leaders to execute on that mission.
Who are we looking for?
The Assistant Leader’s core purpose is to coach, train and role model service and operational standards to their team and to assist the Store Leader in all aspects of running the business and achieving targets and results.
What does the job entail?
Delivering and executing on four primary focus areas: Store Performance, People Management, Operational Excellence, and Customer Experience.
- Support the Store Leader in the execution of business plans to achieve all operational and financial targets.
- Use sound judgement to effectively allocate and manage resources, such as labor and inventory, in order to achieve targets.
- Actively contribute to meeting the team’s sales goals and NPS targets, leading by example.
- Hold team members accountable for fulfilling their role responsibilities, such as following SOPs and adhering to time & attendance and dress code policies.
- Help recruit Floor Leads and Retail Ambassadors and assist in training and onboarding new-hires.
- Help develop and retain talent
- Provide in the moment coaching and feedback
- Help team members achieve the goals laid out in their quarterly reviews and development plans
- Provide input to the Store Leader on succession planning
- Help the Store Leader facilitate internal promotions and mobility
- Champion an open door policy that promotes honesty and transparency amongst the team.
- Cultivate an engaging and empowering team culture based on our values and mission.
- Explore thoughtful and creative ways to motivate the team, celebrate shared wins, and recognize individual contributions.
- Execute on store operations, including, but not limited to:
- opening and closing procedures
- store appearance, cleanliness, and organization
- cash count and control
- ensuring store security from theft and knowing proper apprehension and prosecution procedures
- ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for employees and customers
- ensuring store compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations
- Ensure that the team is providing customers with high quality and personalized in-store experiences.
What might describe you:
- 3+ years of retail experience, fashion or footwear is a plus
- 2+ years of retail managerial experience
- Connection to Allbirds's mission, vision, and products
- Curious, intentional, and low-ego, with an eye for simplifying complex situations and processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship builder
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Desire to learn and grow
- Able to work approximately 40 hours per week, including a minimum of one weekend day
- Able to comfortably lift 30 lbs on a regular basis and stand for 95% of the work day
- Fluency in Korean is a must. Business English is a plus.