Manager I, Product Line Manager - Women's Footwear
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
Where we need help
The Manager I, Product Line Management - Women’s Footwear will be a critical player in supporting the Product Marketing team across the Women’s Allbirds product line. This role will be responsible for creating and managing working tools that support product, teamwork and process. This is critical work in enabling us to operate with efficiency and excellence to best enable key partners.
This person will be a key consumerist for the team. They will assist in analyzing trends in the market, keep the team connected to the consumer we serve, and help drive information back to the team to help insights shape action.
This position will work alongside the Product Marketing team, and will be responsible for key areas of the product line where they will manage all facets of the creation process from beginning to end. This person will assist in driving all stages of the product creation process, from uncovering sharp consumer and marketplace insights to presenting finalized footwear concepts to key stakeholders. They will work with cross-functional teammates across Merchandising, Development, Design, Engineering, Brand, and Planning to meet key deliverables, each season.
What does the job entail?
- Manage multiple projects per season, leading by example through clear communication, expedient decision-making, and accountability for accuracy
- Work alongside the team to build and manage seasonal and long-range line plans, based on a strong understanding of the current performance landscape
- Lead preparation for key milestone meetings, working in collaboration with the PLM team, Product Coordinator, and others to build compelling and accurate presentations.
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with merchandising, demand planning, and other teams to facilitate on-time and on-cost product launches.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and on-going product analysis including sales and margin forecasting. Works with Demand and Supply and Sales on inventory control and closeouts.
- Solicits information from salesforce, along with consumer comments. Communicates analysis to PLM and makes product recommendations.
- Benchmarks the competition, trends, marketing and product strategy.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- BA/BS in Marketing, Merchandising or related field, or no BA and at least five years of footwear development or factory manufacturing experience
- 6-8 years of experience in a footwear technical capacity to include development, commercialization and production
- Basic knowledge in financial, business, and strategic line planning
- Understanding and familiarity of the product design and development process
- Sales or marketing knowledge in wholesale, retail or direct businesses.
- Basic understanding of managing product gross margin.
- Business orientation, analytical aptitude, and computer skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to provide guidance and advice within area of expertise.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, adapt to changing demands, and make quick yet well thought out decisions will be essential in this role
- Good written and verbal English communication.
- Organized, and able to multi-task and perform in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, with a great sense of ownership around the work that is being done.
- Passion for our mission of sustainability - Doing better things in a better way.
What can we offer?
The Allbirds pay range for the role is: $80,000 - $100,000, depending on location, knowledge, skills and level of experience..
Allbirds routinely evaluates pay rates, and the ranges are subject to change based on market rates and other factors. We factor in a number of components when determining starting pay, including the job and level you are hired into, location/metropolitan area, skillset, and peer compensation.
Additional benefits for roles at Allbirds may include: paid time off, equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan with matching; medical, dental, and vision benefits; pre-tax savings, and wellness & lifestyle benefits.
When you join our flock at Allbirds, we offer competitive pay as well as bonus programs for retail and management teams, healthcare, equity, savings, and other great benefits for the whole being. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, please see the detailed list below.
- Health benefits include options for 100% company paid medical for employees (HMO, HSA, PPO with employee premium), vision and dental coverage for the employee (with dependents at an additional cost). Company paid OneMedical memberships available for members of certain medical plans. Company HSA contribution for enrolled HSA members.
- Financial benefits include company equity for applicable roles (RSU’s and Options), 401(k) with matching, employee stock purchase, and company-paid life insurance and disability for full time roles, pre-tax savings programs for healthcare expenses, parents, and commuters.
- Paid time off benefits include parental leave, volunteering, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting.
- Support benefits through Mental Health (free coaching and therapy sessions for employees and dependents), Employee Assistance Program, expense reimbursement programs, and more.
Other Perks include the company discount (50%), free shoes quarterly for retail teams, new hire company merchandise allotment for corporate, food/refreshments available for retail teams during shifts, employee referral bonuses.
Please apply with your resume & cover letter. We're excited to hear from you!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Something looks off?