Assistant Manager, Social Media
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
Where we need help
We are looking for a highly creative and strategic Social Media Assistant Manager to bring our stories to life, engage with our customers and fans around the world, and grow our social community through a thoughtful social media strategy. You’ll be responsible for creating and briefing weekly social-first content for Allbirds’s social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have a strong grip on how to bring campaigns to life on each platform, in particular on Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube. They will be in touch with culture, and know how to write social copy and create content. They will be ready to roll up their sleeves and work alongside our brand and creative teams, agency partners, international teams, other cross-functional stakeholders as well as contract content creators. They’ll be comfortable with each day being different, and have creative problem solving skills.
What does the job entail?
- Master the Allbirds voice and produce engaging photo, video, and written content for various social channels.
- Work with our creative team to produce content that resonates with our social audience and shares brand/product attributes and benefits in a unique way.
- Manage in-house photo and video shoots for social content.
- Support the creation and execution of weekly social calendars that are innovative and push the envelope of what’s been done on social.
- Engage Allbirds’s influencer and creator community in style-driven content creation partnerships.
- Identify and build relationships with new digital content creators, influencers, and tastemakers.
- Collaborate with Director, Social Media to execute channel strategy across all active social media platforms (with a focus on Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube).
- Analyze and distribute reports on social media performance to internal teams and regularly make recommendations, updates and improvements based on findings.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- 3-4 years of experience in a social media management role, ideally with experience in content creation and other short-form digital content at a consumer and/or lifestyle brand
- Strong awareness of cultural trends relevant to our target
- Comfortable working with teams around the world
- Exceptionally strong writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly and write in various styles for diverse audiences
- Expert knowledge of, and personal participation in, social media
- Experience working on photo and video creation – art directing, producing, and concepting, filming, and editing (filming and editing on mobile acceptable)
- Social copywriting skills
- A can-do and collaborative approach to ideation and execution, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Strong existing relationships with key digital creators, influencers and tastemakers
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Dash Hudson, Hootsuite, Sprout Social or other social media management platforms
- Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Intermediate Excel/Google Sheet skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Art direction experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Mental Health and Financial Wellness Benefits
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Hybrid work schedule
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Something looks off?