Senior Manager, Global Tax
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
Where we need help
You will build, lead and evolve a strong global tax foundation, team and systems to support our rapid growth and complexity expansion. You will lead tax planning, reporting and compliance, prepare or manage preparation, execution and payment of filings of all tax types in all local and global locations, develop great relationships with key external and internal stakeholders (like our valued network of external tax advisors and the Exec, Accounting & Finance, Tech, Supply Chain, Legal, HR and other teams). You thrive in a start-up environment- you love to think strategically and roll up your sleeves to get it done. Your friends and co-workers describe you as good natured, analytical, and unusually (in a good way) curious.
What does the job entail?
- Serve as the internal and external point of contact for all tax related inquiries / analyses
- Prepare month-end tax accruals and reconciliations across all tax accounts
- Proficiency in handling, willingness to lead, and or learn about all types of tax work including but not limited to: planning, registering, preparing, filing, paying etc. international, federal, state, and local income, sales, property, payroll and other tax returns, estimated payments, extensions, supporting work papers, technical research, etc.
- Own all indirect tax returns, registrations and nexus studies
- Own all international statutory audits and compliance
- Research newly enacted and proposed legislations and impact on the Company’s financial position
- Optimize work processes to allow us to scale more efficiently
- Lead company tax planning and optimization efforts for existing and future business activities
- Lead/perform transfer pricing and other company related research, bookings, etc.
- Lead/perform relevant system implementations and new policy roll-outs
- Lead/perform annual audits pertaining to tax topics
- Lead/perform various ad-hoc projects as needed
- Assist with internal control compliance and monitoring
- Assist with lending and other compliance reporting and monitoring
What kind of person are we looking for?
- BA/BS or equivalent, Masters preferred
- 10+ years of tax experience
- High proficiency in tax research, and making well backed definitive recommendations
- Knowledge of IFRS and GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Strong analytical skills, high attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Superior written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- CPA required
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Gsuite
- Highly motivated and able to thrive under pressure
- You are a great teammate, with a positive attitude, who is enthusiastic, with high integrity and accountability
- Shares our vision and values, and is excited by the challenge of working in a dynamic start-up environment
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Mental Health and Financial Wellness Benefits
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
Something looks off?