Quality Engineer - Footwear North Vietnam
Vietnam, HCMC| Asia Production Team | Reports to Country Manager Vietnam
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life’s everyday adventures.
Where we need help
The Quality Engineer will head our quality function in our manufacturing facilities, ensuring product is quality assured, and quality checked on a daily basis - having full responsibility for improving our CM’s level of quality and productivity with continuous improvement.
What does the job entail?
- Own the Quality and Testing manuals, ensuring compliance, and validity of the content, and their implementation and engagement from Vendors - Updating as needed.
- Develop, manage, implement, communicate, and maintain the quality assurance systems of local vendors, leading to Vendor certification and accountability.
- Partner with, country manager, Manufacturing Director and development, to improve and maintain product quality; setting dashboards for standardized reporting.
- Actively participate in the development process to risk assess future production, highlighting and resolving potential areas of manufacturing risk as appropriate, joining all production trials in an active and advisory manner.
- Own the process from PP onwards, ensuring continuous improvement at all stages, and root cause analysis to any potential issues.
- Monitor and communicate QA/QC performance by gathering relevant production data and producing statistical reports (Dashboards) to be communicated with all related departments. Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training.
- Responsible for each aspect of quality control and product assembly in the vendors’ sites
- Own and manage CFA processes with vendors to ensure vendor buy in and accountability in manufacturing.
- Work to continuously improve the manufacturing process, for increased productivity and cost reduction, through improved quality, lean processes and automation.
- Be the production eyes, and ears for factory compliance and CSR issues.
*What are we looking for?
- Passionate about sustainability and making things in a better way
- Low ego and high horsepower, you are continuously seeking improvement processes for Allbirds and for your own development.
- Perpetually curious, always seeking to improve your understanding of Allbirds’ businesses, and identify new opportunities by questioning assumptions and taking the initiative to solve problems
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed and resourceful, you thrive in a highly dynamic, and unstructured environment, and never hesitate to get things done.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in footwear, apparel or other related/transferable consumer product industry with focus in Manufacturing or Supplier Quality Management.
- Deep knowledge of Quality Management and Statistical Quality Control concepts and practices, be able to suggest and implement best practice processes
- Able to influence at all levels of an organization, and vendor base.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction.
- High learning agility, to implement processes across footwear and apparel.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet established timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel domestically
- Based in North Vietnam
Nice to Have
- Preferable knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Problem-Solving tools such as PDCA, DMAIC, 5S Implementation, Ishikawa Diagram, etc.
- Understanding of productivity, and ability to improve line performance
- Mandarin would be helpful.
- Wide sourcing network of T1 and T2 vendors
- BS or above in Engineering, management, or business, or industry experience equivalent.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness benefits
- Free shoes
- Pup friendly office!